Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hishammuddin receives two live bullets, death threat



The home minister says the items were in an envelope posted to his office in Putrajaya.



(Bernama) - Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein today received two live bullets with a threatening note in an envelope posted to his office in Putrajaya.



The envelope, which was received at 2pm, also contained a booklet in which the handwritten note was slipped in.



Met by reporters after attending a breaking of fast at the Al-Ikhlasiyah mosque di Pantai Dalam here, Hishammuddin, however, declined to say what were the contents of the note.



“I can confirm that I received two live bullets together with a threatening note today. This is the first time I have experienced such a thing.



“The envelope was received by an aide of mine and he has since lodged a police report,” he said.



Hishammuddin, however, said it would not dampen his spirit to continue discharging his duties as entrusted to him.



“I view this as something serious. However, it will not deter me from carrying out my duties as entrusted to me by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak.



“This might be the work of some frustrated people, probably because they are not happy with the work we (home ministry) are doing. But I am unfazed by this threat,” he added.



Widget by Forex Trading | Business

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons